Countries with Local Action Groups
One of the initial pilot programmes begun in Madrid, now a national programme.
- The press campaign has reached an accumulated audience of 91 million
- The programme "Schizophrenia: Open the Doors" has expanded
to all fourteen autonomous communities through talks to patients and
their family members, conferences for psychiatrists and sanitary personnel,
and different media events.
- Information about the Program has been spread through regional presentations
and through interviews with the Mental Health professionals involved.
There have been 223 news items published or broadcast about the Program
in the Spanish media.
- More than a thousand family members have participated in educational
- More than 200 psychiatrists nationwide have participated in educational
- Presentations on "Open the Doors" have been made in healthcare
J.A. Llorente and O. Cuenca
Consultores de Comunicación
Hermanos Bécquer Nº 4
Madrid - Spain
Phone: 34-91-563 77 22
Fax: 34-91-563 24 66
Email: [email protected]